This photograph shows members of 2nd Battalion, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps, marching down the street at Blackdown on their way to a rehearsal for a review by His Majesty King George V in May 1913.
2nd Battalion, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps, was stationed at Blackdown, near Chobham, Surrey, in 1913. HM King George V was the Regiment’s Colonel-in-Chief.
On 13 May 1913 the Battalion paraded in drill order and in column, and was inspected by HM The King. After the inspection the Battalion marched past His Majesty in fours.
Their Majesties The King and Queen, Princess Mary and Princess Louise had tea in the Officers’ Mess, where all the officers were presented.
Source: 1913 King’s Royal Rifle Corps Chronicle.