This portrait of an impressive-looking Colonel Sir John Jones KCB of the 60th, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps, is on display in that part of the Museum covering the Indian Mutiny (1857-59).
This object from the Museum collection is a Maori mask brought back from New Zealand to England by Brevet Lieutenant-Colonel F.M. Colvile of the 43rd (Monmouthshire) Light Infantry in 1866.
2015 marks the 75th anniversary of the heroic but unsuccessful defence of Calais in May 1940 by 30 (Infantry) Brigade including 2nd Battalion, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps (2 KRRC), 1st Battalion, The Rifle Brigade, and 1st Battalion, Queen Victoria’s Rifles.
This particularly handsome silver Dutch galleon was given by the officers of 2nd Battalion, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps, to the officers of the 1st Battalion, in memory of their lucky escape from the Royal Indian Marine Ship Warren Hastings after it ran onto rocks off the coastline of Réunion
Chateau Hougoumont was the key point securing the right flank of the ridgeline on which Wellington chose to take up his defensive position and give battle to Napoleon on 18 June 1815.