The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum opened it’s doors to visitors today for the first time in nearly four months following the Government’s announcement of the lockdown.
After much preparation to introduce the new measures as recommended in Government Guidelines for Galleries and Museums, the Museum opened at 10am this morning . The changes implemented include:
- A maximum of 30 people in the Museum will be permitted at any one time
- A one way system has been put in place around the displays.
- Card payments only will be accepted
- Acrylic protective screens fitted on the Front Desk
- Two metre distancing to be adhered to
- Visitors are requested to use the hand sanitiser provided
- Touch points around the Museum will be regularly sanitised throughout opening hours
- The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum has new opening hours – Wednesday – Saturday, 10am – 2.30pm. Last admission 1.45pm.
The Museum Curator would like to thank the Staff, Volunteers and Cleaner for their help with the preparations for the opening, and the volunteers for their continuing support manning the Front Desk during the week and at especially at weekends.
The Museum Trustees, Curator and Staff would also like to thank all those who have supported the Museum during it’s closure by purchasing items from Museum online shop and and following the Museum on social media.