The Lancaster pistol was a 2 or 4 barrelled handgun produced in England in the late 19th century. Based on the patents granted to Henry AA Thorn and Charles W Lancaster, the pistols were manufactured in a variety of calibres using centre fire brass cartridges and had several different grips. The model in the Museum…
This Horn Drinking Beaker is the latest addition to the Museums’ Collection. It dates from the time of the Peninsular War.
This portrait of an impressive-looking Colonel Sir John Jones KCB of the 60th, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps, is on display in that part of the Museum covering the Indian Mutiny (1857-59).
This object from the Museum collection is a Maori mask brought back from New Zealand to England by Brevet Lieutenant-Colonel F.M. Colvile of the 43rd (Monmouthshire) Light Infantry in 1866.
2015 marks the 75th anniversary of the heroic but unsuccessful defence of Calais in May 1940 by 30 (Infantry) Brigade including 2nd Battalion, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps (2 KRRC), 1st Battalion, The Rifle Brigade, and 1st Battalion, Queen Victoria’s Rifles.