Front of House Volunteer – weekends/one day a week.
We are currently looking for a volunteer to help out at weekends and one day a week as Front of House.
- Welcoming visitors to the Museum
- Taking admission fees
- Selling items in the Museum shop.
- Cashing up at the end of the day.
Previous experience not necessary and training will be given.
If you are interested please contact the Curator by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum Assistant – Full time.
Hours: 37 hours per week, not including lunch. Mostly Monday to Friday but some weekends to be expected
Leave entitlement: 25 days
Starting salary £18,500
Role: To support the Curator in the delivery of an effective history of The Royal Green Jackets and its antecedent regiments to serving members of the regiment and the general public.
- Be conversant with the Museum Collection and be able to respond to/answer questions from the general public face to face and over the telephone
- Deputise for the Curator in her absence including acting as Building manager
- As required be responsible for the security of the building and Collection, the opening and closing of the Museum and setting the alarm
- Be responsible for promoting the Museum on social media
- Be responsible for data input on the MODES catalogue
- Assist with Museum events and functions as and when required
- Assist with guided tours and school visits
- Assist in the Museum shop and front of house as required
- Be responsible for online shop sales and update information on the shop website
- Be conversant with the Museum’s fire regulations and emergency procedures
- Undertake monitoring of displays and stores for environmental changes
- Assist with the development of new displays
A good command of written English
Numeracy and communication skills
Knowledge of basic IT systems and databases
Knowledge of social media in order to promote and raise awareness of the Museum
Qualification/s in Heritage, Museum or associated sectors
The role calls for an individual with a steady disposition, warmth of personality able to deal with members of the public and promote the Museum.
The Museum is run on a daily basis by a small team supplemented by Volunteers; the job holder, therefore, must be reasonably flexible and willing to work on some public holidays and at weekends if necessary.
The job holder will be required to assist in setting up for events and lectures in the Museum.
Working as a member of a small team
Communicating with people
Willingness to accept responsibility
To apply for this position please send your CV to the Curator
-by email: email@example.com
-by post: The Curator, The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum, Peninsula Barracks, Romsey Road, Winchester, Hampshire. SO23 8TS
Closing date for applications: 22nd April, 2021
Interviews: 29th April, 2021
Start date: 24th May 2021